Thursday, March 3, 2011

They wrote her name in the sand...

Somewhere in the blogosphere I came across To Write Their Names in the Sand and without too much thought, I filled out a request form. Amazingly quickly, some people I've never met nor spoken to in Australia took a beautiful sunset and wrote Aurelia's name in the sand.




She is real. The title of the book An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination pretty accurately fits my thoughts. Real enough to matter enough to someone else to write her name. I'll add the image to this after they process our donation.

Due dates really don't matter, and especially for those who are part of a multiple birth or who die before they are born, but somehow it getting written right at the time of her due date seems right.

4 comments:

  1. This made me cry, with sadness and with joy, for you and your wonderful family. May God bless you all. Aurelia is a beautiful name! And it's even prettier written in sand with a sunset giving off a heavenly glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me teary. I always remember you, pregnant, with them both. My heart absolutely shattered for you when I heard that she was gone. She mattered. I remember.

    ReplyDelete