Questions I want to find out include is how would posting from my phone work. It looks like blogpress works for wordpress as well, so I think that the pictures and video directly from my phone would still work.
If I'm going to make the move, I think I will have to consider aesthetics as well. And as someone who is completely non-visual, this makes me say ugh.
That's the ramble, now here's the part where I ask questions of those who might be reading this:
- Is the change worth it?
- Is there a helpful service to pay someone to move old content from blogger to wordpress to avoid the insane frustrations I've read about from other people with fixing links?
- Am I right that it's a good idea to make a change earlier rather than later?
- Can you still easily embed objects from Picasa Web Albums?
- Would I be better off just keeping on keeping on doing the same rather than adding changes like trying to make a banner and layout or moving to wordpress?
- Any books or tutorials or the like you recommend I consider during my research phase?
While I'm at it, I think I will ask the comment that has been plaguing me for years:
Why do people set blogs up to require me to click though to see the content?
My typical response is to normally just click on them and move on down the line in Reader. For the ones that show the first part of the post (like at least a paragraph), I can almost understand, but the ones who show nothing or just a few words or couple of lines, I just do not get you. Am I unusual and most people routinely click through and so you get more reads that way?
This choice just effects those using Reader or another RSS feed, so it seems like a really odd decision to me.
That said, is there any product or service to go through and cheet and get the feed through them and they will send me the whole post instead of just the oddly truncated part?